Original game time! Things I found out:
1) The game doesn't crash right away! There is hope!
2) Shipwright can make a new ship on top of a tree object (tree is simply replaced by the ship).
3) I can start an expedition.
4) When expedition is ready to go I can select ANY direction for the ship to go to. But it'll go to the only available harbor site.
5) Ships can access seas with no map edge limitations (the game can't handle roads like this). My second ship was built to the outer sea (not within the second inner sea).
6) Starting the new expedition on a new harbor doesn't work. No goods are transported. Ships just stay in the new harbor sitting idle.
7) Starting another expedition in the original harbor halts the entire transportation system! My shipyard no longer gets any boards!
8) Remove a road between HQ and harbor, things start working again :)
9) Remove a road between shipyard and HQ... nope, I'm not getting any boards there.
10) I can build a new building to get resources to go to the new harbor... after this I get the expedition resources to the new harbor.
11) I got a third harbor!
12) I had to destroy the original shipyard to get a new ship to the missing sea.
13) After this things cleared up and started working as one would expect.
Conclusion: even original S2 can handle multiple water areas for a single harbor. It is troublesome and needs tweaking, but you can make it work. Unfortunatenaly I didn't get a good test with three land areas to transport stuff to, because I didn't make the map big enough and the third harbor just sit there doing nothing.
Settlers II.net admin
Editiert von Merri
am 18.08.2012 13:02